Wednesday, February 27, 2013

28. Gujrati Kadhi

Source: http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Gujarati-Kadhi-Cooking-With-Love.aspx
Final Outcome: Good. My daughter asked 'if its a kadhi why isn't it yellow?'

        I am updating the blog after a short break as I was down with fever (again). A few days ago I went over a few of my previous posts and found some grammatical errors. I usually write in a hurry and never find time to recheck it. So dear reader please bring such errors to my notice so that i can correct it.
          I made this kadhi along with shahi paneer. Below is the recipe with the changes that I made.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Besan: 1 tbsp
Yogurt: 2 cups
Ginger Garlic paste: 1 tsp
Green Chili chopped: 1
Ghee: 1/2tbsp (or oil)
Cumin seeds: 1tsp
Curry leaves: 8-10
Asafoetida: little
Cloves: 2
Cinnamon: 1/2 inch
Radish cut into strips: 1
Sugar: 1tsp
Salt: to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish

Method:
1. Whisk together yogurt, besan, ginger garlic paste, green chilies and salt. Add water and set aside.
2. Heat  ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, cloves and cinnamon. Add Radish strips and a cup of water. Bring it to a boil (till radish is cooked).
3. Add Yogurt mixture and continue to cook on low heat stirring continuously.
4. Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves.  

Looks like our camera lens needs cleaning. Our camera is working hard helping me with my resolution:-)
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...