Monday, March 17, 2014

Simple Urad dal and atta Dosa

        I am so talkative, but sometimes when I begin writing a post.......nothing! I am blank right now. So many things happening in our lives but not a single incident that I can recall??? Probably this is what is called a writer's block:-). Speaking of my busy life, we have Ta's birthday coming up. We will be celebrating it thrice, her school (in advance since summer vacations begin this weekend), then at home on the day of her birthday and then again in her day care. I have to begin planning her party at home. 
        Coming back to the recipe, it is a simple dosa made of urad dal, atta and rava. This recipe was shared by a friend (who in turn learnt it from a friend). We ladies talk, share and hence spread happiness:-) What would the world be like if we were like most men (non talkitive, non caring about sharing frivolous details)? On second thoughts may be we would have gender equality at last!  Okay now I am just blabbering. Did I say writer's block? Writers block true, thinker's block... never in my case:-)


Recipe:
Ingredients:
Urad dal: 1 cup washed and soaked for about 4 hours
Atta: 1 cup
Rava/ semolina: 1 cup
Onion: 1 finely chopped
Green chili: 2 chopped
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Grind soaked urad dal to a fine paste. ( I soak dal at about 4 pm and grind it at about 9 pm). Do not add a lot of water. Grind using less water than for regular dosa.
2. Add atta and rava to the urad dal paste. Mix well. Add a little water if requires. The mixture should not be watery. let this mixture stand overnight.
3. In the morning add hot water (about 1 cup) to the batter to bring it to regular dosa consistency. Add salt and mix well.
4. Spread dosa's on hot tava and sprinkle onion and green chili over the dosa.
5. Cook from both the sides and serve hot with chutney.

Makes excellent breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...