Sunday, July 14, 2013

64. Spinch Soup with Walnuts

Source: http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Thick-Spinach-Soup-foodfood-skk.aspx
Final Outcome: Simply delicious!

        I realized I have made a very few soups after my sis-in-law asked me to post some soup recipes. After a quick search this soup suited all my requirements: simple, quick and I had all the ingredients at home (correction: I did not have walnuts. My friend was to come home with her daughter for a play date. She brought walnuts with her. Kids loved this soup!)  I have made some minor changes to the recipe as mentioned below.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Spinach: 1 bunch/ 3 handful
Walnuts: 7-8
Potato: 1 medium
Onion: 1 finely chopped
Milk: 1 cup
Salt
Oil: 1/2 tbsp
Pepper crushed: 1 tsp
Fresh Cream: 1 tbsp

Method:
1. Pressure cook spinach and potato (cut into half), 2 whistles. Dry roast walnuts for about a min. Once spinach cools add a little water and grind into a fine paste along with potato and walnuts.
2. In a pan heat oil. Add onion and cook till it turns brown. Add puree from step 1 and let it cook for a few mins.
3. Add Milk and cook till it comes to a boil.
4. Add salt and crushed pepper and serve hot topped with fresh cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...