Saturday, July 27, 2013

67. Soya Rice

Final Outcome: It was ok....

        I watched this recipe on a television show but tried it almost 2 months later. It was a good dish but not one of my favorite.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Basmati Rice: 1 cup washed 
Soya granules: 3/4th cup soaked in hot water with a 1 tsp of salt
Onion: 2 chopped
Cinnamon: 1inch
Cloves: 2-3
Garam masala: 2 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Tumeric powder: a pinch
Milk: 2 cups (warm)
Salt totaste
Red chili powder: 1/2 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp

Method:
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, cinnamon and cloves. Let it cook till onions are soft.
2. Add soya granules (drain out the water before adding). Add Garam masala, Coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and cook for 2-3 mins.
3. Add rice and salt and mix well.
4. Add milk and 1 cup water. Cover and cook till rice is done.
        I prepared this recipe about 15 days ago but did not find time to blog it. It has been a bad week. My kid was sick the entire week, I did our taxes and my bike has a flat tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...