Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fixing things

        Season of festivals, season of holiday, days when everything seems to be right, similarly last couple of months has been our season of repairs. It started out when our fan stopped working and then one by one many things needed repair. Initially I would be upset when something stopped working but after a few days it has became a part of our life. Now we just look at each other and have a good laugh.Oh no its no Vodoooooo.... Almost everything in our home is about 5 years old and I think that's as long as anything lasts these days. Its sad that things don't last longer nowadays. I remember as a kid at-least 3 things(our TV, Washing machine and refrigerator) which lasted 20 years or more.

        I began writing this post a few days ago. Took a break since I dint know how to go ahead. In the mean time a few more things have broken down. Our water purifier has begun leaking, today morning my closet rod collapsed taking down all the clothes with it, 2 switch boards need fixing.... and the list has not stopped yet.
        Last 5 years have been a blessing. But I think we have reached the optimum level of satisfaction that we can attain from all our surroundings (economic theory by someone:-)). I also wish just like things we could fix relationships and in some cases people! Gee now I really need a change...huh..

-Exhausted me 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...