Monday, February 18, 2013

25. Cabbage Curry

Source: Friend's lunch box
Final Outcome: Good. Best of all cabbage curries I had so far.

        Cabbage is not a very well liked curry in our house. Hence I wanted to try a different version. And this one worked! I had seen this curry in a friend's lunch box. It is south Indian curry but I don't know the exact region.

Recipe:
Ingredients
Cabbage: Finely chopped- 300-400 gms
Moong Dal: 3 table spoons. washed and soaked
Urad dal: 1 table spoon washed
Curry leaves: 10-12
Green Chili- 1 or 2 chopped
Ginger grated: 1/2 tsp 
Grated coconut: 2 table spoons
Turmeric: 1/2 tsp
Oil
Mustard seeds 
Salt to taste

Method:
Heat Oil in a pan. Add a pinch of mustard seeds.
Add Urad dal. After it turns golden add curry leaves, green Chile, ginger,moong dal and cabbage. 
After about 5 mins add turmeric, salt and coconut.
Keep stirring and cook till done.
         
        Here is a joke that I had read some time back: When I was a kid we always had 2 things on the menu- Take it or leave it:-).
I always remember this joke whenever I meet picky eaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...