Tuesday, February 5, 2013

21. Egg Vegetable Dosa

Source: Maid
Final Outcome: Very good

        My husband had once tasted this dosa which our maid brought for us to taste(I was not home and dosa was gone by the time I came back:-)) He loved it. So I decided to try it. I am writing normal dosa batter recipe for reference.

Recipe:Ingredients for dosa batter:
3 cups Rice
1 cup Urad dal
1 spoon Fenugreek seeds(methi)
1 spoon Bengal gram(Chana Dal)
     Soak all the above ingredients   for 5-7 hours and grind them separately and mix it. Let it ferment for about 5-6 hours. After it is fermented add salt and water.

Recipe for egg-vegetable dosa:
Ingredients: (for 3-4 Dosas)
1-2 Finely grated carrot.  
1 chopped onion
2 finely chopped green Chile
Few coriander leaves chopped
1 egg per dosa
Dosa batter (given above)

 Method:
Mix all ingredients other than the egg into the dosa batter. Add a little salt (this dosa requires a little more salt than regular dosa).
Spread the above mixture on a heated tava. 
After the dosa begins to settle, break an egg over it in such a way that it embeds itself with the dosa. Add a little salt over the egg.
Let it cook over one side then turn it over carefully.
This unique dosa is ready!   





 I think this my longest post with highest number of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...