Thursday, February 21, 2013

26. Mallige idly (Idly like Mogra flower)

Source: Mom
Final Outcome: Lightest, fluffiest idly ever!

        I am not cheating! This really is a very different idly. I ate this idly about a year ago at a restaurant. Since then I wondered how it was made. Recently my mom gave me this recipe and I tried it. It turned out wonderful.
Recipe:
Ingredients:
Urad dal: 1 cup soaked for 6-7 hrs
Rice:  2 cups soaked for 6-7 hrs
Cooked and cooled rice: 1/2 cup
Baking Soda: 1/2tsp
Salt to taste
Tava (optional)

Method:
1. Grind Urad Dal, Rice and cooked rice. Add very little water.
2. Add soda and mix
3. Heat iron tava and cover it over the dough (this step is optional)
4. Let the dough ferment for 5-6 hrs
5. Add Salt. Prepare idly!

        Isn't it funny that sometimes we don't like the songs in our own music player which we put them there because we like them and by our own wish!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...