Saturday, December 29, 2012

8. Ravioli


 Source: Read many online recipes and ended up cooking my own version.
 Final Outcome: Very very good 

    I am jumping from Moravla, Majjige Huli to Ravioli. I have cooked recipes from different cuisines before but not in such a short time. This was "Exhausting" recipe to cook and also to eat :-).
I made mushroom ravioli. I committed an unspeakable error and had to make most of the ravioli again. I was exhausted by the end of it, and when I sat down to eat, I ate so much that i was exhausted eating it ( the next day I took 8 flight of stairs, Khichidi as diet food just to balance out excess eating of ravioli:-)).


Recipe in short:
For stuffing: cook garlic (2-3 cloves), Mushroom and little sweet corn in oil till it is dry (all water from mushrooms should evaporate). Add salt, cheese(mozzarella) and Italian seasoning. 
For Ravioli: Kneed Maida(all purpose flour), salt, little oil and pinch of soda.Let it stand for 15-20 mins covered with wet cloth.
For tomato sauce: Cook veggies (baby corn, capsicum, little onion and garlic). Add tomato puree, cheese(mozzarella), Italian seasoning, salt.

Cut small circles of the flattened dough. Place stuffing on one circle and place 2nd circle on top. Press the ends with a fork.
Boil water with a spoon of oil. Put ravioli into the boiling water 2-3 at a time. Once they are done they float to the top. 
Place them in a dish and serve with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...