Monday, December 24, 2012

5 & 6. Urulai Chettinadu & Moravla

5. Urulai Chettinadu
Source: Sanjeev Kapoor (book)
Final Outcome: ok
It is a curry with small potatoes prepared in chettinadu way (its name had made no sense to me). Curry was not bad. But I prefer a lot of other ways I have cooked small potatoes before. (Dum Aloo, Alu tamatar etc.). May be I should try it again without burning it:-) . Yes here’s the truth: I burnt it a little. I was juggling with a lot of tasks early morning and completely forgot all about the curry on the stove.

6. Moravla (short cut way)
Source: Aai (my Mom)
Final Outcome: very good
Cooking time: ~30 mins
It is a sweet side-dish made with gooseberries (big, not the small ones).  It is an extremely healthy dish. 

Sharing the recipe here:
- Grate Gooseberries.
- Pressure cook (2 whistles)
- After it cools down, add equal amount of sugar and cook over the stove until sugar melts and it starts boiling. ( I added just about ¾th sugar instead of equal amount )
Its that simple!  The original way of preparing Moravla is a little complicated. But I loved this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...