Sunday, December 1, 2013

86. Dill Brinjal Curry (Dill Egg plant Curry)

Source:http://www.quickindiancooking.com/2013/10/07/big-dill/
Final Outcome: Simple and tasty!

        I loved this recipe as soon as I read it. All the ingredients were at home. Hence I quickly tried this simple curry. This post has the worst photo anyone can click. My excuse is that I was very hungry and my toddler was very cranky that day. Trust me, do not go by the picture.... try this recipe.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Dill (shepu): 1 big bunch cleaned and chopped
Brinjal/ Egg plants: 4-5 Sliced length wise
Garlic: 3-4 cloves chopped
Mustard seeds:1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida: a pinch
Red Chili powder: 1 tsp
Salt
Oil: 1tbsp

Method:
1. Heat oil in a pan.Add Mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to splutter add cumin seeds, asafoetida and garlic.
2. Add Brinjals, turmeric powder and chili powder. Add a splash of water. Cover and cook till they are almost done.
3. Add dill to the soft brinjals. Add salt and cook till dill is cooked and Brinjals are wrinkled. 
Serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...