Monday, August 26, 2013

72. Appe/ Gulpongle/Phud

Final Outcome: Fluffy delight!

        Idly and dosa are regulars at our place but 'appe' was made for the first time last month. What I have been doing keeping this post pending??? Well I don't really know.... Time is just flying, and I have no idea how so many weeks passed. I have a few more recipes that I have tried but pending post.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Urad Dal: 1 cup
Rice: 3 cups
Poha/Flattened Rice: 1/2 cup
Chana Dal: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Soak all the ingredients except Salt for 4-5 hours. Grind them to a fine paste. Let it ferment for 4-5 hours.
2. Add salt to the fermented dough. Mix well. In the appe pan pour the batter to 3/4th level and cover. After about 30 seconds flip each appa. let it cook from the other side.
Serve with Green chutney
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...