Wednesday, April 3, 2013

43. Lemon Coriander Soup

Final Outcome: Very Good!

        This soup is usually prepared using coriander leaves, but I made this using coriander stems (source: mother in law). Separate leaves from stems and chop off the roots. Use these stems to make the soup. Good use of stems which normally we throw away.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Coriander stems (or leaves): 1 small bunch or about 1 bowl washed.
Cumin/ Jeera: 1 tsp
Green Chile: 1/2
Water 2 cups
Corn flour: 1 Tbsp mixed with 1/4th cup water
Salt
Pepper crushed: a pinch
Lemon juice: 2 tsp

Method:
1. Grind together Coriander stems, cumin and green chile.
2. In a pan add 2 cups of water and the above mixture and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 8-10 mins.
3. Strain it through a strainer. Add Salt and corn flour mixture. Keep it on low heat and stir until it thickens slightly.
4. Add lemon juice and crushed pepper just before serving. Serve hot.

        I have to take an important career decision. To do or not to do???? I am confused. I have another 15 days so hmm let me think a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...