Monday, March 18, 2013

36. Chocolate Pudding

Source: Sister in law (Shweta). She bakes amazing cakes.
Final Outcome: Can anyone resist such chocolaty, smooth, sweet temptation????


     I prefer recipes which require easily available ingredients. Shweta knows this so she gave me this recipe. Its amazing!!!!

Recipe:(I made half a measure of this. I have put a picture at the end to show how much pudding was made)
Ingredients
1/4 cup (30gms) cornstarch (Yes corn flour and corn starch are the same . I looked it up)
1/2 cup(100gms) sugar
1/8 tsp salt
3 cups (705ml) milk
6 ounces (170 gms) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped(Chocolate chips will work, I used Bournville dark chocolate)
1 tsp(5ml) pure vanilla extract(I did not have this but it did not make any difference)

Method:
1. Combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt in the top of a double boiler(for people like me how to make a  'Double boiler': heat water in a broad pan (about half filled). Hold another pan over it with the ingredients). Slowly whisk in the milk, scraping the bottom and sides with a heatproof spatula to incorporate the dry ingredients. Place over gently simmering water and stir occasionally, scraping the bottom and sides. Use a whisk as necessary should lumps begin to form. After 15 to 20 minutes, when the mixture begins to thicken and coats the back of the spoon, add the chocolate. Continue stirring for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until the pudding is smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.

2. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer (or skip this step if you’re a slacker like me) into a serving bowl or into a large measuring cup with a spout and pour into individual serving dishes.

3. Refrigerate covered for about 30 mins.

         Thank you Shweta for this amazing recipe! This is totally different than anything I have ever tried.

        I had mentioned in one of the previous post that I plan on another resolution to go with this one. Here it is:I plan to start running (at least 4 days a week). But the plan has not materialized yet as I keep switching off my alarm! Why is the nap after hitting snooze so sound :-) . Now that I have declared my resolution, I hope it will motivate me. I just realized isn't it funny I speak about workout after such high calorie temptation posted above?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...