Tuesday, March 5, 2013

30. Palak Pappu (Palakuru Pappu)

Source: Colleague
Final Outcome: Good

        One of my colleague gets this amazing pappu in his lunch box. I pestered him for the recipe. Finally got it from someone else. Here it is:

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Palak: 1 bunch washed and chopped
Methi leaves: 1/4th bunch
Toor Dal: 1/2 cup washed
Tomato: 1 chopped
Salt to taste
Oil
Garlic minced: 2
Jeera: 1 tsp
Red chillies: 3-4 (preferably small round one's)
Curry Leaves: 7-8
Mustard: 1/4th tsp
Hing: little
Tamarind juice: 1 tsp (optional)

Method:
1. In a pressure pan (or cooker) add palak, methi, toor dal, tomato and salt and cook 2 whistle or until dal is cooked.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and jeera seeds. After they begin to splutter add minced garlic,hing, red chilies, curry leaves.(do not burn the garlic)
3. Add tamarind juice to the palak- toor dal preparation and pour hot seasoning over it.
         I started off my day with a bang!!!. Literally... I fell off my 2 wheeler and hurt my knee. I may need 3-4 days to recover. I know I have been grumbling on my blog for the last few weeks....but that's how it has been..Eh.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...