Wednesday, January 30, 2013

19. Dal Moghlai

Source: Online recipes with a few changes
Final Outcome: Good

        When I began my resolution, I looked for a recipe and bought ingredients accordingly. Now I search for recipes with ingredients that I have. By end of this year I hope I will be able to create new recipes with given ingredients:-)
I had bottle gourd and tomatoes. I wanted to try some new recipe with bottle gourd. So I searched online and made some changes to suit our taste.
Recipe:
Ingredients-
1  cup toor dal
1/4 cup chana dal
1 medium sized bottle gourd chopped into medium pieces
1 Tomato chopped

1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1-2 green chilies chopped
1 Onion chopped

1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp dhaniya powder
Chopped coriander
Salt

Method-
1. Soak toor dal and chana dal for 30 to 40 mins. 
2. Add chopped tomatoes, salt and 3 cups of water to the dal and pressure cook till done.
3. In a pan heat oil. Add jeera jeera. After jeera begins to change colour add onion, chilies and ginger-garlic paste. Fry onions till they turn golden brown.
4. Add turmeric to onions and add cooked dal.
5. Add garam masala, dhaniya powder and chopped coriander.
   Bring it to a boil. Dal is ready.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...