Wednesday, October 16, 2013

80. Dal Lakhnaowi

Source:http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/dal-lucknowi-foodfood.aspx
Final Outcome: Not bad, cannot classify as excellent.

        I have mentioned in one of my initial post that I frequently refer Sanjeev Kapoor's book Dals & Kadhis. I could cook just a basic Maharashtrian amti or kadhi, other than these I was not comfortable with cooking dals. This book has introduced me to a variety of dals so I love it.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Toor Dal: 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
Milk: 1/2 cup
Red chilies: 2
Cumin:1/2 tsp
Garlic cloves: 2 chopped
Fresh coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil

Method:
1. Wash and soak toor dal for 15-20 mins. Drain and add 1 cup of water, salt, and a little oil. Pressure cook till it is cooked.
2. In a pan bring dal to a boil. In another pan heat oil. Add cumin seeds, red chilies and Garlic cloves. Saute till garlic turns brown. Add this seasoning to dal.
3. Add milk and chopped coriander and cook for a couple of mins.
4. After the dal comes to a boil, take off heat and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...