Wednesday, June 5, 2013

56. Avocado Salad/Butter fruit Salad

Final Outcome: Tasty and healthy
 
       When I tasted avocado (also known as butter fruit) for the the first time it was really a very weird and different to taste but I loved it! It is supposed to be a very healthy fruit. To check if avocado is ripe the general rule is that shake the avocado, its seed must make a hollow sound since it is loose. 
This salad was my husband's idea. We made it in two versions. Recipe is for version 1. I have mentioned version 2 alternate at the end.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Avocado: 2 peel and de seed
Onion: 1/4th chopped
Tomato: 1 chopped
Capsicum: 1/4th chopped
Lemon juice: 1/2 tsp
Fresh coriander: 2 tbsp chopped
Salt to taste
Crushed Pepper to taste

Method:
Mash Avocado pulp (or finely chop it). Add Onion, Tomato, Capsicum, Lemon Juice, Fresh coriander, salt and pepper.
Mix well and serve.
For version 2: prepare a seasoning of 1 tbsp ghee, a pinch of cumin seeds and asafoetida. Add it to the version 1salad.
Note: I loved version 1 :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments...